So far in our previous posts, we have learned all about how to install WordPress and the whole procedure of setting up a blog. In today’s post i will introduce you with WordPress Plugins. Also there is a tutorial on “How to install plugins in WordPress“.
Plugins are tools to extend the functionality of WordPress. Just as you install different apps in your phone to enhance its functionality and to perform various tasks, in a similar manner plugins help you to make out the most of your WordPress blog.
For example : Akismet helps your blog to be spam-free. WP-SuperCache helps your blog to load faster. Etc. Etc.
There are tons of plugins available for WordPress, each having some particular task. Most of them are free. But a few paid ones are also available.
So now let us see how to install plugins.
1. Login to your WordPress DashBoard, that is “www.yourblog.com/wp-admin”.
2. Now on the left hand side, click on “Add New” from the Plugins tab.
3. Now search the plugin that you want to install.
4. You will be shown a list of available plugin. Click on “Install Now” button of the plugin that you want to install.
5. On the next page, click on “Activate Plugin” button.
6. That’s it. You have successfully installed a plugin. Now depending on the plugin, you may further configure it according to your needs.
Do let us know if you find any difficulty in the above procedure. We are always there to help you.